Bell DUI PLea Bargain Options
A Detailed Description of a Bell DUI Plea Deal
DUI offenders charged with impaired driving in Bell have to face many severe punishments. In such cases, it is always advisable to contact an experienced and highly reliable DUI Lawyer.
Sometimes It Is a Good Option to Accept A DUI Plea Bargain in Bell
A DUI plea bargain in California involves your DUI defense attorney negotiating for either reduced DUI penalties in exchange for a guilty plea, or a reduced charge known as a “charge reduction” to which you will be pleading guilty.
One of the most important parts of the DUI court process in California is to decide whether to fight your DUI charges at trial or to negotiate a plea bargain.
At times when lawyers attempt to obtain an acquittal, there comes a moment when it becomes a necessity in certain cases where it is better to accept a plea bargain of a lesser offense rather than losing the case entirely. A DUI plea deal or DUI plea bargain occurs when negotiations are initiated between your lawyer and the prosecutor and where both sides agree to have the original charges dropped and enter a guilty plea for a lesser offense. The benefit is that you will be aware of your sentence in advance.
Your lawyer will probably attempt to plea bargain impaired driving charges to something like a traffic ticket. However, the prosecutor will not agree to a DUI plea bargain unless he has reason to believe that there is a major flaw in the case. It will depend entirely upon your Bell DUI lawyer, who will make the best of efforts toward proving to the prosecutors that their case is a flawed one, and will always attempt to negotiate for a DUI plea deal.
Arriving at a DUI Plea Bargain in Bell, California
There are times when it becomes inevitable to avoid getting into a DUI plea bargain. However, in most cases, a quality and reputable lawyer will attempt to get the charges dropped so that the case gets dismissed altogether. However, even in the best case scenario, there are some inherent financial and personal risks that a trial carries. Apart from negotiating for the sentence that is best possible for a case, a DUI plea bargain may include a guilty plea to a lesser charge.
Do Not Hesitate To Contact Us If You Have Received A DUI Offense in Bell
Types Of DUI Charges:
Consequences Of A DUI:
The Major Ways of Entering a Plea Bargain in Bell
There are generally a few common ways one can get a DUI plea bargain in Bell.
- Firstly, it is the Wet Reckless DUI plea bargain that is the first level of reduction the prosecutors will be willing to accept and it means reckless driving conviction with a specification that alcohol is involved.
- Second is the Dry Reckless DUI plea bargain that is a simple misdemeanor without any mention of any sort of drugs or alcohol whatsoever. It has major advantages such as no mention of DUI on one’s record and won’t have the same effect on one’s car insurance premium like a DUI or wet reckless.
- Third is the Exhibition of Speed as a DUI plea bargain that is initiated when the prosecutors feel that they have a fairly weak case.
- Fourth is the Drunk in Public as a DUI charge reduction which is quite uncommon as it may be offered only when it was obvious that the offender was drunk but not obvious that the offender was driving.
- Fifth kind of DUI plea bargain is the Drinking Alcohol in a Vehicle. It is possible when the prosecutors believe that the offender was drinking but don’t have evidence that the offender was impaired.
How to Enter into a Bell DUI Plea Bargain
The decision to enter into a DUI plea bargain will depend on the facts of your case and the willingness of the prosecutor. There are several reasons why the prosecutor would want to enter into a DUI plea bargain. If the prosecution has reason to believe that you and your attorney are willing to go ahead with the trial, or if the prosecutor feels that he has several major flaws in the case, then they would want to enter into a plea bargain.
Is it the Right Decision for Me to Plead Guilty in Bell?
The prosecutors will not be willing to either drop the charges right away or to offer a plea bargain. However, if your lawyer is able to convince the prosecutors that there are flaws in the case by pinpointing those flaws, and feels that it would be in your best interest to enter a plea bargain based on the facts and circumstances of your case, then you may be asked to plead guilty for a lesser charge instead of the decision to plead guilty to DUI.
Differences Between Pleading Guilty to DUI or Pleading Not Guilty to DUI in Bell
Since there is a high probability of winning a DUI case, people charged with a DUI offense should never think that they cant win. It would depend entirely upon your lawyer to assess your case and help you decide on the better option between pleading guilty to DUI and pleading not guilty to DUI. Our experienced and reputable Bell DUI Lawyer can help you decide what’s best for you after assessing your file.
We employ some of the most recognized lawyers in Bell and California and we know everything about how to fight a DUI charge. It is our specialization to fight cases concerning DUI offenses. Contact us today for a free consultation.